|about us||history||drop in||>join<|
Sorry, our Gallery is
Xchanges Gallery and Studios
Xchanges is a member-driven artists’ coöperative operating a gallery and affordable studios for practicing artists. We house nine individual and group studios, including the photography studio of Crossgrain Photographic Society.
Popular pages on our site:
We have a page on Facebook! Please 'Like' our page and get our updates: Xchanges Facebook page
Xchanges Gallery and Studios
At 2333 Government Street, suite 6E (between Gregg’s Furniture on Government Street and the Dairy Queen on Douglas Street). For our full address and contact info, see the bottom of any of our webpages.
All Monday evening Life Drawing, and Wednesday morning/Thursday morning Life Painting sessions at Xchanges Gallery are cancelled until further notice.
Xchanges’ response to COVID-19
Dear members, friends and artists,
We, the Board of Xchanges, are working on our response to the COVID-19 pandemic to support the national response to the pandemic and all of you. The most important thing to us is everyone’s personal safety and health. We will do everything we can to ensure this and encourage you all to support each other during this challenging time.
Please be aware that in order to support current efforts to contain and reduce the spread of the virus we are instituting the following measures:
1. All life drawing sessions are suspended until we have the all-clear from government health advisors and according to government recommendations;
2. All upcoming exhibitions are suspended until such time as we have the all-clear from government health advisors and according to government recommendations. Xchanges will do its best to reschedule these exhibitions at future dates to be determined. We will suspend these operations one month at a time, but all exhibiting artists are on notice that their exhibition time will change;
3. All on-site artists with studio spaces should practice social distancing and ensure that all common, shared facilities are cleaned and sanitized e.g. door handles, kitchen equipment, supplies, phone etc. The Studio Coordinator will communicate with all studio artists as to processes and information;
4. Regular communication will be provided as we have information to share or to answer questions via our Facebook page, by email, and the newsletter distribution list;
5. Other forms and channels of communication will be shared as available.
While we recognize that while this situation is very difficult, we can also take some other measures to ensure our physical and mental well-being and that art can still thrive in difficult times:
· Check-in with friends and colleagues regularly — by phone, email, or on the Xchanges Facebook.
· Share your work online with our community as much as you can — creativity can be a support during times of pain and fear.
· Keep on top of the news but don’t let it overwhelm you — take time to go out and walk with a friend or listen to pod casts that give you a break from the news.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time and we wish you all good health and safety in the upcoming days and weeks. Please feel free to reach out to us with your questions and ideas for getting through this challenging time.
All the best,
“What Comes To Mind”
Copyright © 2020 Xchanges Gallery